About My Work
I have been building furniture for over a dozen years and have had the good fortune to study at the College of the Redwoods in California, Rosewood Studio in Ontario, and the Inside Passage School of Fine Woodworking in British Columbia. These fine schools all emphasized sensitivity in design, excellence in hand skills, and attention to detail. My work has been exhibited in Canada and Barbados and featured in magazines and a book in the USA and Barbados.
I believe furniture should be pleasing to live with — I want you to want to live with it for a long time — and I build it to last even longer. A well-designed and built piece will become part of the family, to be passed from one generation to the next. Being surrounding with pleasant and functional furniture creates a little oasis to look forward to after a challenging or busy day.
Working with my clients is integral to the process as we exchange ideas about all aspects of the design and construction of a new piece, so the completion of a custom piece is very much a shared experience. Whether you live in Canada or elsewhere, modern communication and shipping methods make collaboration and delivery straight-forward wherever you are.
I look forward to discussing your ideas about the piece that you may have in mind.
- Lancaster Gallery, Barbadian Furniture, March-May 2009
- Holders Season 2009, March-April 2009
- Lancaster Gallery, Dennis DeCaires, January 2009
- NIFCA, November 2008
- Holders Season 2008, February-March 2008
- NIFCA, November 2000
- Habitat Show, September 2000
- Cascadia Exhibition of the Furniture Society, Victoria, June-Aug. 2007
- Gallery Streetsville Artisan Showcase, Mississauga, November 2004
- One of a Kind Show and Sale, Toronto, April 2004
- Fine Woodworking Design Book Eight: Original Furniture from the World’s Finest Craftsmen, Scott Gibson, 2009 (available from Taunton Press)
- Fine Woodworking “Furniture: 102 Contemporary Designs”, 2008
- Fine Woodworking Reader’s Gallery, Chair, November-December 2007
- Fine Woodworking Reader’s Gallery, Screen, May-June 2006
- Inside Passage School of Fine Woodworking, Canada, 2006-2007
- Rosewood Studio, Canada, July 2004
- College of the Redwoods, USA, July 2002 and June 2000
8-2590 Austin Avenue
Coquitlam, BC, V3K 5X4 Canada
E-mail: Email this Company
Contact Person: Scott M. King
WOODWEB, Inc. and its staff assume no responsibility for the accuracy, content, or outcome of any listing posted at the Woodworkers Directory.